March 28, 2018
- Posted By PTE Tutorials PTE Academic / October 07, 2017
Your PTE exam might be near and we believe that is the reason which got you to this blog. Here we want to share with you some of the most important last minute tips before you take the PTE Test as well as few things you can keep in mind regarding each section.
Let us first look at some General PTE Exam Tips.
- You knew this was coming. Meditate friend! It exponentially improves your performance.
- Don’t fall in the trap of over-confidence and develop a lax attitude just before the exam. Sure there is no room for fear but there need to be complete attentiveness towards the test. You have to answer certain questions and remind yourself of the tips to tackle each one just at the right time. The secret is to involve this practice in your routine preparation. Be conscious towards your learning.
- Have the habit to speak, listen, read in English. Most importantly, Think in English! Give up the habit of translation. Treat yourself like the little kid who is learning to communicate.
- Be completely aware of your weak areas even if you have not satisfactorily improved in them by practising. It is alright. Focus on your strengths.
- You have analysed your performance so many times. A day before the test day is the time to relax the mind, lighten up the mood and stopping self-evaluation.
- On the test day, go to the test center a bit early. Do not let your brain slip into the mode where you are rushing.
- Carrying your ID proof (passport) is a must. You will not be admitted without it. There is no need for stationary.
- Use the restroom before the start of the test. Do not leave your place in the 10 minutes break that you get after the reading section. Instead, sit and relax a bit.
- Once you are on your seat make sure the devices like keyboard, microphone and headphones are running properly.
- It is good to check for typos, capital letters, full stop, other punctuations, and repetition of words.
- Do not submit your essay even if you have completed it well before the time ends. Review it one last time.
- Do not let the typos in the questions distract you. Your goal is to give the correct response.
- Keep your eyes on the timer too. You will thank yourself for being attentive for those three hours.
Now that you know the basic things to be taken care of, following are some of the advices you can follow for each section.
- It is a section which most non-native speaker of English dread. Because it demands prompt thinking, accuracy, natural speech while you respond to the answers. However, there is no need to fret. You know that you have prepared well.
- The devil is in hitting the panic button when you don’t know any answer. Relax; don’t let one question stop you from giving perfect answers in the rest of them.
- Here, you don’t have to worry about managing your time as the questions will come with a timer.
- Keeping a good audible tone, not too loud nor too soft and a normal pace of speaking should place you in favourable condition of getting good score.
- Do not pause if you make a mistake. Carry on without stressing or trying to correct yourself. It is ok to miss an answer.
- Practice the pronunciation of the words you find difficulty in; especially the ones that have the similar sounds, singular and plural words.
- You will have an erasable notepad. Make best use of it specifically for the Re-Tell lecture and Describe Image Question. The key is to write vertically which subconsciously mean sequence so that you do not lose the flow.
- You can also refer to the various types of questions asked in the describe image question and be ready to face any type of question asked.
- The noise needs to be bared. So, train yourself to practice in an environment with a little hustle-bustle, probably some crowded café.
- The second most dreaded section is writing. The obvious hurdle is typing speed. But, this will be easier as you would have already practised well. Thus, time management is what you will have to be very confident about.
- Take care to write in a structured format.
- Don’t you go off-topic even by mistake! It will be too late to realise and change your response to a correct one.
- Take care of the word limit which is 250-300 words in the essay and 05-75 words in Summary question. Stick to it to not lose valuable marks.
- For the question, summarize written text, take note that it should be in one single sentence of 5-75 words. Also, make right use of punctuations.
- Again in the reading section, you will have to manage time as you have 32-41minutes to answer all the questions. You must have already worked on controlling your urge to spend more than a specific amount of time on a question. So, maintain that while your actual test.
- Certain type of question has negative marking. So make sure you give a good thought before answering those questions. The questions might seem easy but they actually are a bit challenging.
- Reading section tests you grammar skills very well. So brush up those rules from your grammar book.
- In the listening section, you will be having an overall time of 45-57 minutes to answer the various types of questions asked. Thus, you will have to manage your time between the questions.
- Pay undivided attention as the audio will be played only once. There is no going back and replaying.
- You will be having an erasable note board booklet. You can make wise use of it. Take care of the overall time.
- This is a very scoring section. So if you pay good attention and have practised reasonably, you can easily score 70+ in this section.
- You might be aware about the recommendation to do meditation. Trust us, it works. You will have increased attention and cool thus, improved focus.
So, it is not that tough after all. All you need to do is better preparation with useful PTE Materials. If you want to incredible practise with all the remarkably helpful materials in one place, then sign up on PTE Tutorials today!
A Comprehensive Understanding Of Scoring Criteria In PTE-A Test
February 14, 2018
PTE-A Exam- Common Mistakes That Ruin Your Overall PTE Score
February 02, 2018
- PTE Tutorials owned by LET'S UPSKILL PTY LTD Part of Aussizz Group
- Copyright © 2018 All Right Reserved.
- Website Developed by Webzeb Solutions